August 15, 2014

Sketch Challenge #17

Happy Friday!!!  
We have a new challenge and some fabulous inspiration from our August Guest Designer to jumpstart your weekend!!!

Sketch with Stash Challenge #17
Here's the August Sketch:
This challenge was created to get you to dig deep into your stash, so...
Complete a layout inspired by the sketch above...
AND...75% of the product used to create your page must be from some of your OLDEST stash of paper and embellishments..the older the better.
You must note in your write up, what products you used from your older stash!


Click HERE for the SOS Challenge Guidelines!!! 
Make sure to LINK your layout to Mr. Linky on our side bar no later than 
August 29th, 11:59 PM (PST)

Our awesome sponsor this month is:

Nani ke Ola is a new online scrapbook store. Searching to bring the smaller designers to your doorstop. At Nani ke Ola we would only sell what we would use ourselves in our projects.

Please feel free to check out our store, join us on Facebook and Pinterest and see what inspiration value can find for your next project.

Nani Ke Ola is awarding ONE 7 Dots Collection Pack 
(WINNERS CHOICE)
to our randomly drawn August winner!
For a closer look at the 4 collections to choose from, chick HERE

Meet our
August Guest Designer
Jenessa Franco
"Hi! My name is Jenessa, and I live in Dallas, Texas with my husband Noé, our son Santiago and our daughter Paolina. I first discovered scrapbooking in 1995, and I made my first album using construction paper and rubber cement...an absolute archival disaster! Fast forward to the present, and I've become quite passionate about this constantly evolving art form.Having always endeavored in arts & crafts such as drawing, painting and cross-stitching, scrapbooking has been such a natural progression for me. My husband has been incredibly supportive of my obsession hobby by allowing me to utilize half of our family room as my own personal crafting area as well as hanging out with our kids when I need some creative therapy."

Jenessa has created an adorable layout inspired by our Sketch with Stash Challenge:
"Cool Cat"
And this is what Jenessa shared with us about her page:
"I loved this sketch! It is so different from anything I usually do, but I really enjoy stretching my creativity in order to grow my style. I also love using up older product. I find that it's easy to get caught up in purchasing the latest & greatest before I've even gone through what I already have. The papers are from the Sassafras Lass "Whale of a Tale" line, which I think is about 5 years old. I also used some blue alpha stickers from Bo Bunny that must be over 6 years old because I remember buying them before my son was born. This sketch and challenge were the perfect way to make my older product look totally current!"

To see more of Jenessa's beautiful work, please visit her blog:

Jenessa thank you so much for being our Guest Designer this month and sharing your wonderful work with us.

We would love to see what you find buried in your stash and how you use your buried treasures to create a page inspired by our August Sketch!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment: